Tuesday, November 25, 2014

2014 MLB Free Agency Update

In a previous post, I talked about four players who I thought were going to make a splash in free agency this off-season. As of now, two of them have landed big deals. Zach Duke, the 31 year old left handed reliever I spoke of, just agreed to a 3 year $15 million dollar deal with the Chicago White Sox. Duke made only $850,000 last year with the Brewers. I predict that he will greatly help the White Sox bullpen next season. Also, the 35 year old first basemen Adam LaRoche agreed to a 2 year $25 million dollar contract, also with the White Sox. Look for LaRoche's power hitting to help the White Sox contend next year. We are still waiting for Melky Cabrera and Aaron Harang to get deals, but I suspect that Melky may also go to the White Sox. The White Sox are looking for an outfielder who could start in left field, and have expressed some interest in Cabrera.  

                       Check back for more posts!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, Wisecracks, Whatever? Hit me up here...